New Guidance and amendment to the Regulations come into effect from 00:01 on Wednesday for England
“Following Boris Johnson’s national address on 4th January, from 00:01 on Wednesday 6th January England moves into another national lockdown.
The link to the Guidance is set out below
and the link to the new Regulations, which amends the current Health Protection (All Tiers) Regulation (no. 1374), can also be found here:
A brief summary of the key changes are as follows
- The expiration date of the Regulations has been amended from 2nd February 2021 to 31st March 2021
- Hospitality venues such as cafés, restaurants, pubs, bars and social clubs are required to be closed
- Selling alcohol for takeaway between the hours of 05:00 and 23:00 is not permitted Only food and non-alcoholic drinks are permitted.
- Between 23:00 and 05:00 takeaways are not permitted.
- All food and drink (including alcohol) can continue to be provided by delivery at any time.
The key difference to previous lockdowns and Tier restrictions is the move to make alcohol from such premises for delivery only”