A virtual meeting was held on 18 October, chaired by the Prime Minister, Rt Hon Boris Johnson MP, on how we can continue to work together on the shared challenges of COVID-19, climate action and COP26 preparations.
The participants were:
- from HM Government the Prime Minister, Rt Hon Boris Johnson MP, Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities & Minister for Intergovernmental Relations, Rt Hon Michael Gove MP, Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, Rt Hon Sajid Javid MP, Secretary of State for Scotland, Rt Hon Alister Jack MP, Secretary of State for Wales, Rt Hon Simon Hart MP, and Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, Rt Hon Brandon Lewis CBE MP;
- from the Welsh Government the First Minister, Rt Hon Mark Drakeford MS, and the Minister for Health and Social Services, Baroness Eluned Morgan MS;
- from the Scottish Government the First Minister, Rt Hon Nicola Sturgeon MSP, and the Cabinet Secretary for Health and Social Care, Humza Yousaf MSP;
- from the Northern Ireland Executive the First Minister of Northern Ireland, Paul Givan MLA and deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland, Michelle O’Neill MLA.
The agenda covered:
- Opening remarks and updates
- Shared challenges on COVID 19
- Climate and COP26
During the meeting, the attendees also observed a minute’s silence in tribute to Sir David Amess.