With second-wave curfews and lockdowns proliferating across the globe, cities must urgently explore innovative ways to reopen safely in the context of COVID-19.
The Global Nighttime Recovery Plan (GNRP) highlights how a key part of the solution can be found after dark.
- Night-centric planning, design and policy are uniquely positioned to offer alternatives to unsustainable curfews and lockdowns.
- When space for social distance is in such high demand, urban strategies which address the temporal opportunities of the night hours can decongest valuable space and offer economic and social opportunity.
- The pandemic presents a chance to reconfigure our cities at night for the better. Let’s take it!
- The First Battle For Sydney’s Nightlife has been won.
- The German federal finance court has declared that Techno is music and the DJ is a musician.
- Is the Pandemic fuelling internal prejudice about the night?
In many countries, the absence of a serious political discourse around strategies to support music venues have left clubs alone with the task of finding alternative ways to survive.” – GNRP